I can spend a lot of wasted time on the computer. I use the excuse that it is relaxing and keeps my mind fresh.
But Steve is over temple work with his calling in the high priest quorum, so we have picked up a new hobby called indexing. If you haven't had the opportunity to learn about this great service for the church and genealogy, give him a call and I'm sure he'll help get you set up!
Our ward is having a challenge between the adults and the youth to get 30,000 names done by a certain time (not sure how long?) but Steve and I are doing our part. I would guess Steve has done 1,000 names since the first of the year, and I've gotten about 600 in the past 10 days. It would be a great goal for the two of us to get 30,000 ourselves by the end of the year, but I'll start smaller and work from there.
I find myself being pulled to the computer to just do a few more, and I have thoughts during the day of some of the families that I've indexed.
It is a great thing for me to focus on at this time of my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, that is amazing! That is a lot of numbers. Great work you two!
I would LOVE to learn how to do that. You guys are such good examples when it comes to fulfilling church callings and going the extra mile.
We've done that before and it really is fun.
Post a Comment