Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Morning Musings


It has been a month since I've last written. I figured it was about time I caught up on the blog. Work has been crazy this entire month, and next one will be worse, but time at Redfish helps put it all in perspective. I hope everyone enjoys some of the pics we took of the fun that we had!

Ben relaxing in the shade, probably after a hard ski!

Chennelle wondering when someone would come and talk her into getting on the tube.


Family pic, with Lola as a little sunflower, which she was every day but one! Good job camping the first time, and for many days at that.

Ben slalom skiing and getting some spray!


Joshy taking his turn.

Lindsie giving the lake a whirl.

Josh preparing for Trav's return by keeping up on his wakeboarding skills.


Grandma, 73 years young, going for a whirl with her lovely grandchildren! I hope I got that age right, but she definitely doesn't look it whatever it is.

Some of the local wildlife trying to crash our party, or could smell Steve's prime rib and trying to get away before he decides to try some venison.

Lola had the best hairdos all week. You can't see the third ponytail in the back!

Chennelle finally getting that tube ride. Good thing Melina and Lindsie are always ready to accompany anyone on the tube, well almost anyone. No one wants to go with the three nuts, Ben, Beau, and Josh. It is just too dang dangerous!

Trying to get the tube ready takes four great minds. They are all in deep thought.

Lola in her tankini I bought. I loved the colors and just couldn't resist.

Lindsie showing her grace and agility backflipping off the dock.

Melina watching Lola as her parents are jumping off the dock.

Josh not quite as graceful as Linds, but gets the job done.

Ronda about ready to catch the football as she jumps off the dock.

Ben and Josh waiting for their football to fly!

Steve in the quarterback position. Why didn't he try to jump and catch?

I think I did a phenomenal job taking pictures at just the right moment, getting Ben with the catch as he enters the lake!

We all work way too hard at Redfish!

Campfire time.

This looks like a morning, probably the first.

Do you think Lola likes grandpa more, or grandpa likes Lola more?

Here is grandpa, asking for his turn on the tube. Nothing could have shocked any of us more than when he walked up saying he was ready to go, long pants, socks and all! I hope we didn't hurt his neck!

Grandma loved snuggling Lola to sleep on the beach with a song all about her.

Grandpa at the end of the tube ride, hunkered down to rest his neck, but with arms raised high in triumph!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Fun pictures! It really was a great trip. I am ready to go back.

The Cook Clan said...

How fun! We missed out on Redfish this year. I LOVE those pics of Lola. She is such a cutie pie!

Deborah Raymond said...

Thanks for sharing... we so wanted to come for a few days... soon... we hope.... very soon.

Terri French said...

Brenda,
I love the photos and the commentary. Will you write some commentary for my photos?

It was a great trip, even if I had to rest......

What a life!