The first night we pulled off the interstate at the Chalet Bearmouth. It was along the river about 25 miles before Missoula. We just saw the RV park and pulled in. Little did we know that we were close to a ghost town named Garnet. We didn't leave the trailer until about 7:00 p.m. and it was a rough road up a canyon.
As we first started, we wondered if we'd find a dredge stuck somewhere up in the canyon since the telltale rock piles lined the road. We found the sign saying there had been a dredge, but alas, it must have been moved.
The first thing that caught my eye when we arrived at the ghost town were the flowers pictured above. For some reason they reminded me of jellyfish in the ocean when viewed from afar. I don't know what they were, but they were everywhere. Their stems almost looked like asparagus.
This is another shot of the back end of the ghost town. There were many buildings to see, and another trail that led off to the mines. But by the time we saw that trail, it was 9:30, way past my shot and bed-time, and I thought it would take us as long to get back to the trailer as it did getting to the ghost town.
We actually got down and back to the trailer quickly. I'll post about the rest of the trip tomorrow!
1 comment:
I am sure jealous. I would love to go there!!! You got some very nice photos.
Post a Comment