Monday, November 17, 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday of the cruise

I can see how I'm posting this it will all be out of order! But you're all smart enough to figure it out. And I can see it doesn't matter how carefully I fit the pictures before posting, because of my template it all messes up! So just read about the trip, and figure it out!



Tuesday we went to the island of Dominica! What a beautiful, small, very poor island made from a volcano. It rained a little in the morning, but eventually cleared up. We got off the ship, found a driver, and took a tour bus back to the Trafalgar Falls and Sulphur Springs. Along the way, we got to see some beautiful rain forests. Steve got the opportunity to take pictures of some of the plants growing everywhere. We had to hike back into the falls on a "non-scout-worthy" trail, and I got to experience what being stuck under a rainforest canopy for 10 minutes does to your body - you sweat like the boys in a basketball game!


After a beautiful sunset that evening, we went to Mama Mia! playing at movies under the stars. It was a great day and an experience neither of us will forget. Just the bus ride alone on these islands is something to remember. Our bus driver was Richard, and the bus was named Comfort - God is my Guide! and going around curves, mountainsides, believe me, you want God along with you!
Wednesday we were in Grenada, another volcanic island. Since we were only in port until 2:00 that day, we opted to wash some of our sweaty clothes, hang out by the pool, and take pictures from the ship. We went to a comedian in one of the lounges later that evening. Those are always fun when you're on the ship. There is always a lot to do!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am so jealous! The cruise looks like it was a blast and I love Steve's shirt! How festive.

Terri French said...

I wish you could make your photos larger. I would love to be able to see them. Looks like the cruise was wonderful

What a life!